Thursday, July 2, 2009

Un petit problem dans Le Periphique/A86





The sat nav lady is officially on her final warning, having taken us on a rather extreme and terrifying journey through Paris. I had been given the role of chief navigator for our journey from Dieppe to Paris, and instead of having faith in my own abilities I delegated to Sat Nav Lady (she sounds so confident, I feel she has taken the route many times before).
I had my doubts as I compared her instructions to the map, and those doubts escalated when we paid a 15 Euro toll for what seemed like a short stretch of highway, (alarm bells rang as I had a vague memory of a congestion charge). It was 5pm and the congestion charge was clearly no deterrent to the caffeine charges adrenaline junkies we encountered on our slow and frankly terrifying journey.
We do not travel unnoticed especially during rush hour and fellow motorists were driving slowly alongside, and eyeing her up, I am sure I heard wolf whistles. Confirmation of her traffic stopping good lucks came by way of a three bike pile up, fortunately no one was hurt. The motor bikers weave through the traffic, at such speed and grace that it is as though they are not mere mortals with bones that can be broken, that is until a car does an unexpected manuever, and the motor bikes have to stop.This particular biker did not notice the need to apply his brakes as he was gazing at the airstream so he hit the bike in front (causing it to hit the bike in front) and then fell to the side into my car door. As he got up and I wound down the window, he simply said" I was looking at your airstream"

(I wish could work spell check on this!)
I must go now as we have preparations to make for Disney tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment